Thursday, January 6, 2011

Joie De Vere it's art for me!

Happy New Years to All!

New Years Resolutions, did you make one?

I was never really good at keeping them.

My Bride suggested I should live more in the moment!
I tell her that I am.  I'm jam packing those moments,  as a matter of fact  the other morning I had a cup of coffee, read the paper, ate a bagel, watched sports center, checked my e-mail & warmed the car up simultaneously!
She nodded and gave me one of those "That's what I'm talking about looks".
 So this year I'm changing it up a bit.   It was a friend, Peter that put this idea into my head the other day;
Joie de vivre,  That's it I'll resolve to Joie De Vivre!
It was the french that penned the phrase.
Anne Bridgeman circa1930
Joie de vivre, ( pronounced: WA - D - V ) literally translated the Joy of Life, Joy of Living.
I'm going to modify that and interpret Joie De Vivre for me as a joy of everything, a comprehensive philosophy of consciously living a more joyous life.
As far as resolutions go this could be tough so I'm going boil it down to doing at least 1 joyous thing per week and by the end of the year I'll have at least 52 joyous events under my belt and that could become the tipping point for my attempt at Joie De Vivre.

How's that relate to Art,
Let me bring it full circle for you,
For me art is a joyous thang, when participating in it I become immersed and time is immaterial, when I see it I become inspired, and when I see others viewing my works I become blessed.

What's your Joie De Vivre ?  I do not know, but give art a try .  Perhaps a diet of art once a week for a year could make you appreciate life in a different way, that could result in turning a good life into a more joyous life.

Why Art? 
Because your good mind needs good art!





The Gallery Talk is made possible by the generosity of the WMPG Radio listening community.  The blog is the text version of the art rant heard every Thursday at 7am, 5 & 9:30pm on WMPG college and community radio
Broadcasting from the University of Southern Maine
90.9 , 104.1 and streaming on the web at http://www.wmpg.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment